Caregiver Situations & Living Environments
Groark, Christina J., Robert B. McCall, Stephanie K. McCarthy, Joan C. Eichner, and Amy D. Gee. 2013. “Structure, Caregiver–child Interactions, and Children’s General Physical and Behavioral Development in Three Central American Institutions
“.International Perspectives in Psychology: Research, Practice, Consultation
. 2, no. 3: 207-224.
Hong, Yan, Xiaoming Li, Xiaoyi Fang, Guoxiang Zhao, Junfeng Zhao, Qun Zhao, Xiuyun Lin, Liying Zhang, and Bonita Stanton. 2011. “Care Arrangements of AIDS Orphans and Their Relationship with Children Psychosocial Well-Being in Rural China
“.Health Policy and Planning
. 26, no. 2: 115-123.
Schreck, CM, Meyer, CDP, Weilbach, JT, and Steyn, MM. The Benefits and Necessity of Recreation for AIDS Orphans: Through the Eyes of a Child
. African Journal for Physical, Health Education, Recreation and Dance
; Vol 18 (2012): Supplement 3; 105-117. LAM Publications Limited, 2013.
Wathen, C Nadine, MacGregor, Jennifer CD, Hammerton, Joanne, Coben, Jeffrey H, Herrman, Helen, Stewart, Donna E, and MacMillan, Harriet L. Priorities for Research in Child Maltreatment, Intimate Partner Violence and Resilience to Violence Exposures: Results of an International Delphi Consensus Development Process
. BioMed Central
- Morah, E., S. Mebrathu, and K. Sebhatu. 1998. “Evaluation of the Orphans Reunification Project in Eritrea“. Evaluation and Program Planning. 21, no. 4: 437-448.
- Kuo C, and D Operario. 2011. “Health of Adults Caring for Orphaned Children in an HIV-Endemic Community in South Africa”.AIDS Care. 23, no. 9: 1128-35.
- Littrell M, NW Boris, L Brown, M Hill, and K Macintyre. 2011. “The Influence of Orphan Care and Other Household Shocks on Health Status Over Time: a Longitudinal Study of Children’s Caregivers in Rural Malawi”. AIDS Care. 23, no. 12: 1551-61.
- Mmari, Kristin. 2011. “Exploring the Relationship between Caregiving and Health: Perceptions Among Orphaned and Non-Orphaned Adolescents in Tanzania”. Journal of Adolescence. 34, no. 2: 301-309.
- Campbell, Catherine, Skovdal, Morten, Mupambireyi, Zivai, Madanhire, Claudius, Nyamukapa, Constance, and Gregson, Simon.Building Adherence-Competent Communities: Factors Promoting Children’s Adherence to Anti-Retroviral HIV/AIDS Treatment in Rural Zimbabwe. Pergamon, 2012.
- Skovdal, Morten, Winnie Mwasiaji, Albert Webale, and Andrew Tomkins. 2011. “Building Orphan Competent Communities: Experiences from a Community-Based Capital Cash Transfer Initiative in Kenya”. Health Policy and Planning. 26, no. 3: 233-241.
- Betancourt, T.S., T.P. Williams, S.E. Kellner, J. Gebre-Medhin, K. Hann, and Y. Kayiteshonga. 2012. “Interrelatedness of Child Health, Protection and Well-Being: An Application of the SAFE Model in Rwanda”. Social Science & Medicine. 74, no. 10: 1504-1511.
- Williams, Timothy P., Agnes Binagwaho, and Theresa S. Betancourt. 2012. “Transactional Sex As a Form of Child Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in Rwanda: Implications for Child Security and Protection”. Child Abuse &Amp; Neglect. 36, no. 4: 354 – 361.
- Bryant, M., J. Beard, L. Sabin, M. I. Brooks, N. Scott, B. A. Larson, G. Biemba, C. Miller, and J. Simon. 2012. “PEPFAR’s Support For Orphans And Vulnerable Children: Some Beneficial Effects, But Too Little Data, And Programs Spread Thin”. Health Affairs. 31, no. 7: 1508-1518.
- Hallfors, Denise D., Hyunsan Cho, Isabella Mbai, Benson Milimo, and Janet Itindi. 2012. “Process and Outcome Evaluation of a Community Intervention for Orphan Adolescents in Western Kenya”. Journal of Community Health : The Publication for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention. 37, no. 5: 1101-1109.
- Boothby, N., et al. 2012. “What Are the Most Effective Early Response Strategies and Interventions to Assess and Address the Immediate Needs of Children Outside of Family Care?” Child Abuse & Neglect. 36, no. 10: 711-721.
- Robertson, L., et al. 2012. “Household-Based Cash Transfer Targeting Strategies in Zimbabwe: Are We Reaching the Most Vulnerable Children?” Social Science & Medicine. 75, no. 12: 2503-2508.
- Stack DM, LA Serbin, N Girouard, LN Enns, VM Bentley, JE Ledingham, and AE Schwartzman. 2012. “The Quality of the Mother-Child Relationship in High-Risk Dyads: Application of the Emotional Availability Scales in an Intergenerational, Longitudinal Study”. Development and Psychopathology. 24, no. 1: 93-105.
- McGoron L, MM Gleason, AT Smyke, SS Drury, Nelson CA 3rd, MC Gregas, NA Fox, and CH Zeanah. 2012. “Recovering from Early Deprivation: Attachment Mediates Effects of Caregiving on Psychopathology”. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 51, no. 7: 683-93.
- O’Donnell K, R Murphy, J Ostermann, M Masnick, RA Whetten, E Madden, NM Thielman, and K Whetten. 2012. “A Brief Assessment of Learning for Orphaned and Abandoned Children in Low and Middle Income Countries”. AIDS and Behavior. 16, no. 2: 480-90.
- Kuo C, and D Operario. 2011. “Health of Adults Caring for Orphaned Children in an HIV-Endemic Community in South Africa“.AIDS Care. 23, no. 9: 1128-35.
- Kuo C, D Operario, and L Cluver. 2012. “Depression Among Carers of AIDS-Orphaned and Other-Orphaned Children in Umlazi Township, South Africa“. Global Public Health.7, no. 3: 253-69.
- Kuo, Caroline, Jane Fitzgerald, Don Operario, and Marisa Casale. 2012. “Social Support Disparities for Caregivers of AIDS-Orphaned Children in South Africa”. Journal of Community Psychology. 40, no. 6: 631-644.
- Monica H. Swahn; Jane B. Palmier; Rogers Kasirye; Huang Yao. Correlates of Suicide Ideation and Attempt among Youth Living in the Slums of Kampala. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health; Volume 9; Issue 2; Pages 596-609.
- Swahn, Monica H, Gressard, Lindsay, Palmier, Jane B, Kasirye, Rogers, Lynch, Catherine, and Yao, Huang. Serious Violence Victimization and Perpetration Among Youth Living in the Slums of Kampala, Uganda. Department of Emergency Medicine, University of California, Irvine, 2012.
- Dorsey S, SE Kerns, EW Trupin, KL Conover, and L Berliner. 2012. “Child Welfare Caseworkers As Service Brokers for Youth in Foster Care: Findings from Project Focus”. Child Maltreatment. 17, no. 1: 22-31.
- Knerr W., Gardner F., and Cluver L. 2013. “Improving Positive Parenting Skills and Reducing Harsh and Abusive Parenting in Low- and Middle-Income Countries: A Systematic Review”. Prevention Science. 14, no. 4: 352-363.
- Mannarino AP, JA Cohen, E Deblinger, MK Runyon, and RA Steer. 2012. “Trauma-Focused Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Children: Sustained Impact of Treatment 6 and 12 Months Later”. Child Maltreatment. 17, no. 3: 231-41.
- Morah, E., S. Mebrathu, and K. Sebhatu. 1998. “Evaluation of the Orphans Reunification Project in Eritrea”. Evaluation and Program Planning. 21, no. 4: 437-448.