Position: Assistant Scientist at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health
A clinical psychologist by training, Dr. Murray has expertise in children, adolescents, and families. Dr. Murray is highly trained in numerous evidence-based treatments, with a particular specialty in researching and treating trauma and grief. Research interests include the treatment of HIV-affected children who have experienced trauma and/or grief, assessment of mental and behavioral health, as well as training on, adapting and testing evidence-based mental health interventions in low-resource environments. Two current projects include working with NGOs and government ministries in Zambia to integrate mental health assessment and treatment into existing HIV-care infrastructures and evaluate their effectiveness, and in Cambodia on the implementation of an evidence-based treatment for trafficked youth.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: SciVal Experts Research Profile
- OVC Wellbeing Content:
- Violence and abuse among HIV-infected women and their children in Zambia: a qualitative study
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for symptoms of trauma and traumatic grief in refugee youth
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Ways to Improve OVC HIV Prevention and Well-Being (Zambia CBT)